Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Current events

Regarding the current buzz about whether or not the feds should release photographic "proof" of the death of bin Ladin, there are those who feel, and perhaps rightly so, that some folks could be quite traumatized by viewing such a grisly picture.  Although personally, as a retired nurse, I have seen many people who are dead, and could truly care less to see said picture myself, I have mixed emotions. 


However, one local radio host had an interesting view on the situation.  He said, "I think I would be no more traumatized by seeing a picture of a dead bin Ladin than I was when I saw--in real time and on television--the planes that he ordered flying into the twin towers on 9/11."  Good point. 

Just to show you how truly ambivalent I am about this, I also know our Father must be so grieved that this man, made in His own image, could be so deceived as to have visited so much harm on others, and to choose to believe the lies over the truth.  Well, he knows the truth now, and it's not 72 virgins and paradise.  How wasted was his life and his gifts on this earth.  How tragic for anyone to face an eternity without God and in such utter misery.


God protect our citizens and those who are on the front lines protecting us (both civilian and military) from further retaliation from those who are similarly deceived.  Psalm 91.  Our instruction from the Bible:  "Be strong and of good courage."

No comments:

Post a Comment